Context and Problem Statement
How should we proceed to maintain compatibility between the current SDK and the next-gen SDK
currently being developed?
Taking into consideration:
- All the scenes currently deployed must work as they work today.
DecentralandInterface should work indefinitely to maintain backwards
- Maintainance costs should be taken into account
- Develop the next-gen SDK on top of the DecentralandInterface
Develop a new and clean interface for the next-gen SDK, then create an adapter for the
We decided to develop a new and clean interface for the next-gen SDK, then create an adapter
for the legacy
DecentralandInterface (option 2) because:
- We should not be limited by the decisions of the past SDK
The new SDK must eventually prove itself by reaching a feature parity with the current
- Avoid sunk cost fallacy with the old SDK
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0-1.0.