Context and Problem Statement
- How do I start the explorer in my machine?
- Why do the scenes run in a WebWorker?
- Where are the builder resources stored?
- What are the main repositories?
- How can I add a feature to the SDK?
Those are common questions that are raised by both experienced contributor or newcomers to the
We are searching for alignment for an approach towards a more sustainable future where people
can search and find those answers without depending on specific individuals.
- Start a cultural shift towards documentation as a priority
Continue as we are, only creating documentation as a proactive initiative of certain
We choose to start a cultural shift towards documentation as a priority because:
- We want to accept more contributions to the project
Our source code is public, but it has proven to be very complex to understand without help
Onboarding new people to the project is very difficult and almost always requires a mentor
- Start communicating to the teams this initiative
- Try to slowly start documenting new features or architectural changes
Create a gitbook where we can add documentation in a bureaucracy-free fashion. We spoke
about playbooks like:
How to clone and start the Decentraland client
Evaluate if we can start documenting what we currently have retroactively, no need to rush.
- Agustin Ferreira
- Agustin Mendez
- Esteban Ordano
- Ignacio Mazzara
- Marcos Núñez Cortés
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0-1.0.